Thursday, March 11, 2010

A little paint job

Like I said in the previous post, I had a little helper with a paint job.
I inherited this antique table from my grandmother when she moved into an assistant living home. I have 2 of them and a coffee table to match. I love painted furniture but I have never been risky with color. I have noticed that I love turquoise painted furniture. Very beachy!

I thought I would take the risk and paint this table. I am not sure if there are peep holes in heaven, but if there are, I am sure my grandmother was saying "WHAT is she about to do!!!"


I picked out aqua spray paint and started spraying. Did I mention that I forgot to put primer on. The paint was running everywhere! Back to Home Depot for primer! I am not a perfectionist so it did not have to be perfect but I would like for the paint to stay on.

I know, I know....it is really bright and kind of looks like Carolina Blue. We are Tarheel fans but I don't want my furniture to be Carolina Blue. Hmmm, what to do? Come back tomorrow and see what a little sandpaper does.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Is your concrete blue now? I've been scolded for spray paint overspray. Looking forward to seeing the result!

Suz said...

Amy,
Yes, I had overspray. ooops! He has not seen it yet. Guess I need to tell him. At least he likes the color. Ha!

Carpool Queen said...

I don't have furniture from my grandmother, but I do have a couple of quilts. I used to keep them folded and in a safe place, but I realized I didn't want to live my life keeping stuff behind glass doors.

Today I use those quilts on the grass, on the back deck, on the couch, and every.single.time I use them, I think of my grandmother and it makes me happy.

Boo's Blog

Welcome to Boo's Blog!
This is to share the ordinary days of the Garrison Family.
Enjoy!

About Me

My photo
Wife of a great guy who loves his family. Mommy of 2 wonderful children who keep me smiling, laughing, praying and crying!

playlist


Blog Archive