Saturday, July 5, 2008

More Summertime Fun

The Garrison kids are having a busy summer packed full of backyard fun and travel.  We ended last week with a morning full of fun in the backyard.  We had our own water park.  Blowup pool, water table and sprinkler were the main attractions.  I decided to take the kids to GA to visit family over the July 4th weekend.  We arrived on Tuesday afternoon after a full day on the road.  The kids did great traveling.  Wednesday morning I took them to Stone Mountain Park.  I grew up going to this park with my grandparents.  My granny would pack a picnic and we would spend the afternoon at the park.  It has so much to see and do.  Kids love it.  B was excited to see the BIG rock and K loved crawling on the lawn.  We had a great morning and then took a nap at Gee's house.  All was well until about 10:00 at night.  The STOMACH VIRUS hit the family!  First Keenan, then my mom and then Bailey.  It was horrible!!!  I will spare the details.  But God is good and provided in many ways.  My dear cousin came over at 4:00 in the morning to help me.  I was afraid I would get it and then we would not have fluids, etc for the kids.  Then my dear friend Pam took off work to go to Walmart for me to get more stuff for me.  And my sweet friend Ginger called and checked on us and told me what to give the kids.  Thankfully everyone was feeling better by Friday.  I decided to head back home a day early.  By the grace of God, I did not get the virus and was able to take care of the family.  Those of you who know me well, know that taking care of the sick is not one of my gifts.  I get queazy (sp?) really easy!  God got us all through it.  Thanks for all those who helped.  So here are some pictures before the virus hit. 




Backyard Fun

Stone Mountain...B called it the BIG Rock
Little man crawling on the lawn infront of the mountain.

More pictures in the next post.  

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your group was sick! Lovely pictures, as usual.

Boo's Blog

Welcome to Boo's Blog!
This is to share the ordinary days of the Garrison Family.
Enjoy!

About Me

My photo
Wife of a great guy who loves his family. Mommy of 2 wonderful children who keep me smiling, laughing, praying and crying!

playlist


Blog Archive